Drift Slide

Motocross Braking Control- Front or Rear Brake

Proper braking techniques are what we teach the most and get the most results from. National Pros understand the importance of braking but under the pro level the riders don’t understand. There are a lot of techniques that go into braking. Basically the average straight into a corner is going to use the following techniques: When you first shut off the throttle you should be standing with your body position back and as soon as the throttle goes off both front and rear brakes come on hard, Continue to control the brakes until the transition (where you go from braking to accelerating). But on the way to that point you have to go from standing to sitting and still control the brakes. This is where most riders give up the brakes and have trouble holding their line out of the corner. Another common mistake is hesitating between where they start getting the brakes on when they shut the throttle off. There’s a lot more that’s too hard to explain in this post. Discovery your motocross braking control and improve your entry speed, transition and exit speed in corners, for real! 

Did you know that 60% of your control on the way into a corner comes from your brakes? The other 40% percent comes from your body movements as they must maintain the center of balance. What about the clutch? Should you leave it out while braking? If so how do you keep from stalling the engine? Learn this and other things that are holding you back, things that you haven’t even thought about.

© 2023 Gary Semics Motocross School, Inc